I see that the application deadline has passed. Can I still participate in the Learning with MOOCs workshop?
No. We have had an overwhelming interest in this workshop, but unfortunately have limited space and are not able to accept any more applicants.
What is the format of the workshop?
The workshop will consist of the following types of sessions:
- Keynote Speakers: Themes are Teaching Learning, Research, Openness, Technology, and the International Perspective.
- Panel Presentations: Short presentations by a few individuals followed by 30 minutes of facilitated discussion
- Individual Presentations: A 15-20 minute presentation followed by 40 minutes of facilitated discussion
- Lightning Rounds: Ten 3-minute presentations grouped with by theme followed by a 30-minute facilitated discussion about the presentations.
There will also be plenty of time for ad-hoc discussion so that participants may connect with others working in the same area and share thoughts, ideas, and experiences.
I received an invitation to attend the Learning with MOOCs workshop. Does that mean that I am presenting?
No. The one-page descriptions of work were used for two purposes:
- As an application to attend the workshop. If you were selected to attend the workshop, you received an email on May 19 (subject: 2014 Learning with MOOCs Workshop).
- To invite presentations for the workshop. If you were invited to present at the workshop, you received an invitation by email on June 19 describing your presentation format (subject: Invitation to Present 2014 Learning with MOOCs Workshop).
I was invited to attend, but do not have sufficient travel funds. Is there any financial support available?
Yes. If you are unable to attend the workshop due to severe financial constraints, we have a very limited amount of scholarship funds (available to participants whether or not you were invited to present). More information is available on the registration page (link included in your invitation email).